Sunday, November 25, 2012

September 24th, 2012 - Lugano, Switzerland


Too much to report! 

This weekend was a crazy flurry of friends, games, laughing and traveling. On Friday night, I spent a beautiful evening on the terrace reading The Catcher in the Rye and drinking red wine. And it was a very good thing that I did, because the rest of the weekend was pretty hectic! Saturday my roommates and I spent the afternoon at the market, where we bought fruit and bread and cheese for our impending trip to Switzerland. Later that night we got dressed up and went to the 'oldest pub in Milan' called "Magenta." We had such a great time talking, laughing, and eating excessively before crashing into bed for a short, albeit wonderful, night's sleep. 


The next day we all woke up and scrambled to make our train into Switzerland! We spent the day in Lugano, a beautiful little town about an hour north of Milano, where we picnicked by the lake, took a boat ride across and then hiked the hour and a half back, and finally rewarded ourselves with gelato. And maybe a couple of bars of Swiss chocolate to take back for later. And maybe some fresh bread later that night. What can I say, my roommates and I know how to eat.



Swiss life is a pretty good life.

Lugano, Switzerland

Me and Rachael!


Other highlights of the weekend included: Finding a place to run. Getting to pet a dog. Starting classes today (Italian Cinema - I think I'll be dropping it and replacing it with a history class instead. Something about gangster films with Italian subtitles just doesn't appeal to me.) Eating a lot of chocolate. Getting ready for Scotland this weekend!


Hope everyone is having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment