Sunday, November 25, 2012

September 15th, 2012: Milan, Week Two!


I have approximately a billion pictures to share with you of all the stuff I've done in the last few days!

Day one of the pictures in this blog post was the Duomo: Lauren and I went and acted touristy and took a lot of pictures but when we tried to go inside, we realized it wasn't allowed because we weren't wearing pants. So, that was out. Instead, we wandered around and I ate gelato! Successful day.

Day two of these photos was my next roommate's arrival. We celebrated by eating cannolis and having a little wine. 

Day three was today! We went to a flea market and did a bunch of shopping and ate a lot of food. It was a fantastic day. I managed to find a leather jacket that didn't break the bank in the slightest, as well as a few other purchases that I'm pretty pleased with! Then, this afternoon Rachael and I went exploring to the Castello Sforzesco, and in the meantime, we got caught in the midst of a Hare Krishna parade as they carried a newborn calf down the streets of Milan. It was definitely the weirdest thing that happened to me so far.

All in all, it has been a whirlwind of days filled with great food, nice new friends, and a few delicious new wardrobe pieces. 

I miss you all terribly and hope everyone is doing well! 

Ritzy shopping in the Duomo plaza

The Duomo

Cannoli: Day 1 (Vanilla Cream)

Cannoli: Day 2 (chocolate cream)

Fruit stand at the flea market!

This man tried to sell me some food whilst wearing a bag on his head. We're friends.

Hare Krishna parade

A monk throwing fruit at the crowd.

Castello Sforzesco

No comments:

Post a Comment