Sunday, November 25, 2012

September 12th, 2012: Milan, Week Two!


Hello!

Just a quick update! Nothing too big has really happened here, it's mainly just little excitements that happen every day. I'm having a great week so far! It is SO much better now that more of my roommates have moved in, which is kind of unexpected but very much appreciated! 

This weekend I'm taking a trip to Lake Como with a bunch of girls from school, and I think that should be beautiful! And we'll be sitting down at a nice restaurant for dinner - I'm excited to go out with a group and figure out exactly how ordering food works at a sit-down restaurant. 

Some things I'm excited about this week: 

1. SHOPPING! I am doing a TON of shopping this week - Thursday I'll be going to the Navigli canal area where they apparently have great shopping, wonderful food and a beautiful view. Can't beat that, right? And then Saturday is the weekly flea market on St. Ambrogio, where they apparently have fresh food, vintage clothes, and all sorts of cute knick-knacks!

2. Today it rained. It has been so hot here the entire time I've been here that it was such a relief to get a little moisture! Our apartment has sufficiently cooled off, and we're all beaming over the fact that we get to break out the sweatpants.

3. I found a cannoli! I've been wanting to try one ever since I got here, and I found a little bakery right down the street that sells some really pretty ones - I haven't tried it yet because I'm trying not to spoil my dinner like a responsible adult, but we'll see if I make it that long. It's acceptable to eat dinner at 5 p.m., right? 

4. Today one of the girls in my class told me about a website where I can stream my TV shows for free! AKA I can watch How I Met Your Mother! I have two different half-seasons on my computer, so I've been watching those over and over again, but now I'm fortunate enough that I get to pick and choose! Hurrah for the Internet. What a wonderful thing. 

5. Going into the Duomo! I took a trip there earlier this week and got to see the outside, but I forgot about the no-wearing-shorts rule, so I wasn't allowed in. However, this weekend just might be the weekend that I put the proper clothes on and take a look inside!

Hope everyone is having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment