Sunday, November 25, 2012

November 2nd, 2012 - Milan, Week Nine!


Hello!

Just wanted to give you a little update. This weekend is my 'fall break,' so we had Thursday off for All Saint's Day, and we resume school (and midterms) on Monday. 

For Halloween, I was fortunate enough to be surrounded by some great friends and FANTASTIC food! We held a miniature aperitivo at our apartment and everyone contributed a dish. Some of my personal favorites: toasted pumpkin ravioli, grilled prosciutto and cheese sandwiches, and mac'n'cheese gnocchi. I'm picking up some great recipes here! After dinner, a couple of my roommates and I headed to one of the theatres here in Milan to see "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" because it was being shown in English! It was one of the best Halloween's I've had in a long time - probably because it consisted of two of my favorite things: food and musicals. 

"It's just a jump to the left!" 


The rest of the weekend has been delightfully calm. This morning I went out to the Duomo and toured the cathedral/climbed to the top so I could see the city from way up high. Yes, it took me exactly two months to be a 'true' tourist in my own city. It was worth it though! The view was fantastic. Tonight my roommates and I made homemade spaghetti and meatballs, and have been listening to Christmas music on repeat. (A little early? Never.) 







Yep, this is the city I get to live in!

The rest of my weekend will consist of studying (gross), shopping (thank the Lord! The credit cards have arrived!), and eating (as usual). Hope your weekend is great, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment