Sunday, November 25, 2012

October 6th, 2012 - Milan, Week Five!


Just wanted to do a quick post to let you know what I've been up to! It has been a very quiet weekend so far - my roommates have all gone away to Oktoberfest in Munich, so I have the whole apartment to myself. It's kind of a wonderful feeling! As much as I love all of the girls I'm living with, privacy and quiet is hard to come by, so it's nice to have a little break. 

So, last night I got to Skype my family a little bit before hunkering down with a bottle of white wine and the first season of Friday Night Lights. It was perfectly lovely! Today, however, will be a little bit more adventurous - after I finish the boring rituals of my morning (working out, getting dressed, eating breakfast), I'll be heading down to the market to pick up some fresh fruits and veggies, and then hopefully tracking down a giant second-hand bookstore that is supposedly somewhere in the nearby vicinity. Later I'd also like to go exploring and find the California Bakery, which apparently has the best American-style apple pie in the city! Between all of that, I've got some homework to finish up and some Skyping to do and some general laziness to enjoy. 

To top it off, it's the perfect fall day here in Milan - a little breezy, a little overcast, a little chilly. It's looking like a very good day. 

Hope everyone had a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment