Sunday, November 25, 2012

November 14th, 2012 - Milan, Week Eleven!


So, it's been a while since I've updated! Sorry bout that...time has been flying lately, and I keep forgetting to report on what I've been doing here! As of today, I have exactly five weeks left until I come home. Crazy, right? I can't believe it. 

Things have been going really well here! The news of today was a general strike that happened across Italy. Kids marched down the street next to my school, hundreds of kids, stopped outside our gates and threw eggs and fireworks at the school. They were extremely unhappy about the state of private vs. public education in Milan, and since they have every right to express that displeasure, we were forced to stay in the school and just wait it out. Luckily it passed after about 20 minutes, nothing violent happened, and it was a cool sight to see! 



The past few weeks have been a flurry of schoolwork/midterms, cooking, shopping, and wandering around the city. Anne and I went shopping near the Castello Sforzesco last week where we found the best amaretto gelato I've ever eaten. The weather has been changing, so it's been cooler and rainier here (my favorite weather). Other than that, I feel like I don't have a lot of exciting things to report! Milan definitely feels more like my home now. I adore this city and I am going to be heartbroken to leave. I can't imagine what I'm going to do without the city that has taught me so much over the past three months! 

It's not time to be sad yet, though. I still have so much time! So in the meantime, I think I'm going to go hunker down with a vat of pasta and watch a little TV with my roommates. 

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment