Sunday, November 25, 2012

September 17th, 2012: Milan, Week Three!


Hello!

Just wanted to report on some things that have been happening the last couple days. It has been a pretty great weekend and what I hope will be the start to a wonderful week! 

Some things I'm grateful for today: 

1. Awesome roommates. There's just something about living with people who make you happy - it makes everything easier. Today my roommates and I went shopping and then stopped by the grocery store to pick up a few things for dinner. We ended up all sharing a big pot of pasta drizzled in pesto and tossed with some chicken, as well as some fresh fruit and bruschetta. Cooking together is so much fun! We also polished off a nice bottle of 'vino frizzante rosato' which was a fruity and delicious way to end the night.

2. Cheap school trips!! This last weekend, a giant group of people from school gathered at Lake Como to unexpectedly hike up a mountain, eat a giant plate of polenta, and watch a Renaissance parade go by. It was beautiful scenery and while we didn't get to see George Clooney (who spends time vacationing there), we did get to pet an adorable golden retriever, so I was basically just as excited. Pics to come soon!

3. Actually, just cheap trips in general. This coming weekend, four of us are going to Switzerland for the day. We plan to pack paninis for lunch and spend all of our saved euros on chocolate. That's effective budgeting, right? I also have a trip to Scotland coming up at the end of the month, and my roommate and I booked a trip to Barcelona for October! 

4. Public transport. Yes, it is weird to be gawked at on the Metro for having blue eyes and it is irritating that I have to constantly check my purse to make sure I have my wallet, my passport, my phone, my spare cash, my etc. etc., but overall it is so efficient, and, considering gas prices here are over $5/gallon, so much cheaper than having a car. I'm loving it!

5. As usual, great friends and family back home. I am so thankful for everyone's continued support, and their patience as I write home often and demand updates perhaps a little too frequently. I love you guys to pieces for putting up with me! 

Have a great week!

Roommates! Here I am with three of my five roomies, Rachael, Marissa, and Lauren.


Lunch ended with biscotti and mascarpone cream. 

New friends! Rachael and me with Nicole and Celynna.

The beautiful Lake Como

No comments:

Post a Comment